I love cookies – these delicious cookies are a perfect sometimes snack. My trick is to make treats on Sunday night and then bring them into work to share on Monday. I eat less and everyone is happy! If you have kids, this is a great recipe for them to get involved and help in the kitchen. My youngest son loves to help (I think it’s so he can taste-test the chocolate chips!)
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup oats (old-fashioned or quick one minute)
1 1/2 cup flour (we use unbleached – you can buy private label brand at Target)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark or semi-sweet are delicious – I use a mix of whatever I have)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips (white chocolate or butterscotch also are tasty)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter in microwave, pour into mixing bowl and add sugar until well-blended.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until smooth.
4. Add in oats, flour and baking soda and mix.
5. Add in peanut butter chips and chocolate chips and gently stir in to mixture.
6. Place drops of cookies on cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven strength and the crispiness of the cookies you like.