Lately, I’ve been focusing on what I want most. It seems a little selfish at first blush, but it’s not. This thought method helps align my focus with my values and makes me realize when I have a decision to make – I can think about what I want or what I want most. I can’t always have both options, so I have to make decisions based on what is most important to me. It’s added incredible clarity and made me step out of my comfort zone even more.
I encourage you to stop and think about what you want most and let that guide you as you move forward. Here is the organized strategy that has worked for me:
Posted in Do One Thing, Embrace Change, Forever Learning, Innovative Ideas, Meaningful Purpose, Organization & Solutions, Organized You, Prosperity & Success, Successful Strategies
- Tagged be more organized, big decisions help, do one thing, Get organized, Goals, Ideas, Innovation, Life Lessons, organize your life, Organized Living, organized solution, what you want most, Work in Progress
I’ve been in a few situations lately where I’m the new person and I’m not sure what to do. I’ve seen others avoid these situations because it’s often uncomfortable to be unsure of the next steps. I used to think that I was the same way, but I’ve realized that I do know what to do and I’m comfortable getting what I need – so if I’m new or I’m the expert, I’m making the best of the situation.
Even if you’re new, you can be more organized in managing this situation. I encourage you to consider these strategies that have worked for me:
Posted in Do One Thing, Embrace Change, Forever Learning, Innovative Ideas, Meaningful Purpose, Organization & Solutions, Organized You, Successful Strategies
- Tagged #OrganizeYourLife, ask questions, be more organized, College Students, discover strength in a new situation, Get organized, learn new things, Navigate being new, Organized Living, the new networking, the new person
I have entered a season in my life where my time seems to evaporate exponentially. What I need to get done continues to pile up and I’m lucky to have time and focus to write down my tasks. My house is piling up with projects and my work life is just as busy.
I recently realized something, though. I’m making many things harder than they need to be. I’m thinking about the giant task that needs to be completed – expecting perfection and overthinking everything. It’s not working. So I changed my perspective to an organized solution and started working on the easiest things first. Sure, I felt like I was cheating, but I began making significant progress on my items and it made me feel better about the other things I needed to do.
You can live a more organized life, I encourage you to consider these strategies that have worked for me:
Posted in Do One Thing, Forever Learning, Meaningful Purpose, Organization & Solutions, Organized You, Prosperity & Success, Successful Strategies
- Tagged #OrganizeYourLife, Accomplish Goals, accomplish something daily, be more organized, Be more organized this year, daily experiment, daily goals, Daily To Do List, Organized Living, progress not perfection
Today, think about being present in the moment. You need to actively observe your life and what you are doing in it. Today, it isn’t enough to just make it through the day, the week or the semester. You need to understand why you’re doing what you’re doing. Once you become more mindful about your decisions, your attitude and your environment – you can begin to change your life – and live the meaningful, organized life you want.
Stop life on Auto-Pilot. You know when it happens, your days have flown by and you can’t remember what happened. It happens to me too, more often than I’d like. A few years ago, I realized that I wasn’t enjoying my life, I was just surviving. And then I realized, I had 24 hours each day that I could just make it through or I could purposefully invest in what I was doing. What a change! This mindset allowed me to focus on my decisions, invest in right-now and start to enjoy the moments I was living.
If you’re like me, you are busy. Super Busy. Crazy Busy. And being that busy for that long can make you super crazy and stressed. No thanks. I promise #OrganizingYourLife includes taking rest days and really resting. You deserve this.
Take time to relax. Think about things you really like to do and make sure you’re scheduling them into your time regularly. Whether it’s a hot bath, a walk/run in the neighborhood, or reading a chapter in your favorite book – anything that relaxes you works. When we lived in Baltimore, I’d sit on my back porch every morning and it’s a practice I still continue most days, even now. Just a few minutes outside and I’m ready to go. You know what you like to do, incorporate it into your life every day.
Posted in 15 minutes, Balance, Do One Thing, Healthy Starts Here, Innovative Ideas, Organization & Solutions, Organized You, Successful Strategies, Workout Willpower
- Tagged #OrganizeYourLife, be more organized, Organization Solutions, You deserve to relax
When you’re trying to organize your life, you’ll be more successful when you work within your strengths. What does this mean for you? Think about what you do nearly perfectly every time and weave these talents into your goals and your planning. You’ll discover with this strategy, your success seems quicker and easier than you’d imagined.
Own your talents like a boss. When you use your talents; you aren’t playing it safe. You’re playing it smart. To organize your life, working within your talents gives you confidence to keep going. I’ve realized that I’m best when I see significance in a project, set a strategy and use my discipline and focus to accomplish my goal. It’s reassuring to use these talents to organize my life and boost my self-assurance with each success.
Posted in Do One Thing, Forever Learning, Innovative Ideas, Meaningful Purpose, Organization & Solutions, Organized You, Prosperity & Success, Successful Strategies
- Tagged #OrganizeYourLife, be more organized, Organization, Organized Living
Are you busy? Me too. I’ve got so much to do every day, it’s hard to think of everything I need to do during the week. So I don’t think at all. Does that sound crazy? It works; do you know why? Because I’ve planned my whole week out before the week begins. No thinking required – just do it.
Fantastic Food Options. Figuring out your food for the week can be easier, and healthier than you think. Prepare in advance and you’ll be surprised at how much smoother your week goes.
- Healthy, Brilliant Breakfast. The success of my day is directly dependent on the quality of my breakfast. The healthier and heartier my breakfast, the better I perform. So I have a few signature dishes that I eat regularly. And to cure breakfast boredom, I rotate my options weekly. One week it’s oatmeal, another week it’s fruit & yogurt smoothies, then egg & cheese quesadillas, or peanut butter and graham crackers. When I know what I’m eating, I don’t waste time deciding what I want to eat.
- Lunch I Love. I pack my lunch 90% of the time. It ensures I eat healthier and saves me from thinking of what to eat when I’m already hungry. I pack lunch options in single serving containers on the weekends in grab and go options. My lunch every day includes these items: main dish, 2 cups of veggies, water and 2 fruit/veggie snacks and 1 protein snack. Every day.
- Dinner Done Right. I plan all of our meals/dinners on weekends after shopping. I always make a list of meals we can easily prepare with ingredients we have and post it in the kitchen so everyone knows. And I always make a slow-cooker meal on Mondays – my most stressful day – so I don’t have to think about dinner when I come home at night.
Posted in Balance, Do One Thing, Eat Well, Embrace Change, Forever Learning, Healthy Starts Here, Innovative Ideas, Meaningful Purpose, Organization & Solutions, Organized You, Prosperity & Success, Successful Strategies, Workout Willpower
- Tagged be more organized, get more organized, have a great week, organize your week, plan on weekends