Each new year, I hear people discussing their goals and resolutions, but many don’t succeed even with the best intentions. Start this year right and realize what you can really accomplish. Let this be your year of confidence – It will be easier than you think to make goals and stick with them this year – you can make lasting, confident change in your life and this is the year to make it happen.
1. Speak your mind. You have valuable ideas. Confidently share your opinion and be bold with your statements. Don’t back down.
2. Push your limits. Your goals should be challenging and exciting. Don’t settle for the easy route, build your confidence by pushing your limits.
3. Read more. Reading opens your world and expands your mind – it doesn’t matter what you read, make it a point to read daily.
4. Listen more. When you spend more time listening to others, your learning is significant.
5. Find a mentor. You need someone to listen to you, encourage you and support you. If you don’t have this person in your life, find them.
6. Mentor someone. Spend time investing in others. Make it a point to encourage and support someone else in your life – an employee, a friend – you have valuable insight and can help others.
7. Make progress every day. You probably made goals today. What if you really mastered your list this year? Take some time to strategize your plan by breaking these goals into bite-sized pieces. You can do this.
8. Make your 15 minutes matter. Carve out 15 minutes in your day that you can do something you enjoy. Make sure it’s a time that you won’t lose or forget when things get busy.
9. Exercise every day. My core teacher told me that a 6 minute core workout daily would make a huge difference. You don’t need fancy equipment and if you need ideas – look online.
10. Choose the right goal. The goal list you made today? Make sure it’s Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timed. Don’t just hope things will be better. Make sure they will get better.
11. Schedule time to get it done. Step one is choosing the right goal, step two is scheduling time to get it done. Make an appointment with yourself in your calendar to achieve your goals.
12. Get rid of the dead weight. You have a lot of things dragging you down. Make a list of them and start to whittle them away – you don’t need this negativity in your life.
13. Stay motivated. Not everything will be easy, keep focused and push through the difficult times. Every success builds your confidence.
14. Realize your significant impact. You matter. You make a difference. And you are a valuable. Share yourself with others.
15. Be braver than ever before. Your year, your life, start now. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.