I love cookies – these delicious cookies are a perfect sometimes snack. My trick is to make treats on Sunday night and then bring them into work to share on Monday. I eat less and everyone is happy! If you have kids, this is a great recipe for them to get involved and help in the kitchen. My youngest son loves to help (I think it’s so he can taste-test the white chocolate chips!)
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup peanut butter (look for brands with only one ingredient – peanuts!)
1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup oats (old-fashioned or quick one minute)
1 1/4 cup flour (we use unbleached)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray two cookie sheets with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter in microwave, pour into mixing bowl and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
3. Add brown sugar, stir until blended.
4. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until smooth.
5. Add in oats, flour and baking soda and mix.
6. Add in white chocolate chips and gently stir in to mixture.
7. Place drops of cookies on cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven strength and the crispiness of the cookies you like.